Current PhD students
Brendan Stassel (Applied Physics)
Hongmei Tang (EE)
Veronica Contreras (EE)
Hear Brandon talk about being a graduate students at Michigan:
Note to potential graduate students: I accept PhD students mainly through the ECE department or the Applied Physics program. Please see their websites for information on how to apply. Other useful information on applying for a PhD in plasma physics may be found on the MIPSE website.
- Brandon K Russell, PhD (EE, 2022). Dissertation titled “Magnetic Field Dynamics and Shock Physics at the High Intensity Frontier of Laser Plasma Interactions” .
- Paul T Campbell, PhD (Applied Physics, 2019): DOE FES postdoctoral fellow, based at CUOS. Dissertation titled “Laboratory Investigations of Magnetic Field Generation and Interactions Driven by High Power Lasers”
- Amina Hussein, PhD (Applied Physics, 2019): Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering Department, University of Alberta. Dissertation titled “Laser-Driven Electron Accelerators as a Broadband Radiation Source from Infrared to X-rays”
- Carl Gerisch (ECE undergraduate researcher, 2021 – 2022), Project title: “Proton deflectometry analysis of magnetic fields driven by laser-foil interactions”
- Lillian Croghan (UROP project student, 2021 – 2022) Project title: “Build and characterize a liquid crystal target for high-intensity laser-plasma experiments”
- Krishen Ratnayaka (UROP project student, 2018-2019) Project title: “Digitization and analysis of proton radiograph film data”